The Faceless Ones Hardcore PvPvE [10xXP|8xG|15xT/M] Feb 3, 2016 4:41:07 GMT -5
Post by spunky on Feb 3, 2016 4:41:07 GMT -5
Hi everyone. The Faceless Ones is a new server dedicated to offering a steady, yet rewarding game pace in a competitive survival PvPvE environment. We're a mature crew with a lot of gaming years, but this is us dipping our toes in the hosting game for the first time in 5 years. We like having the ability to change the server to match our needs and the needs of our loyal community.
We feel as though we've struck a good balance between grinding for resources and actually crafting/doing cool stuff. This pace should help fight clutter and mean wiping less frequently, while still offering a balanced experience. You can easily achieve something in one sitting. Hardcore in our experience means more intense gameplay. Your character and its progression is important so an attack on another player, or even a strong dino, has to be carefully planned and executed. Come join us for a good time, we're always looking for new friends. At least one of us is usually very active on the server. Just be polite.
Difficulty - 2.5x (this only affects the max dino level, which is 75 with this setting)
XP - 10x
Day Cycle - 0.2x (long day cycle w/ 50% shorter night duration)
Harvesting - 8x
Harvest Health - 1x
Taming - 15x
Hatch - 15x
Mature - 15x
Crop Growth - 15x
Crop Decay - 5x
Structure Resistance - 2x
Dino Damage - 1.25x
Dino Resistance - 1.25x
Tamed Dino Damage - 2x
Max Tamed Dinos - 5000
Max Platform Structures - 3x
Max Level - 130 (all engrams should be obtainable, more levels to be added)
Max Dino Level - 200
PvP Gamma - Enabled
Any settings not listed are default. Any questions, feel free to ask!
Update 02/04: Made some changes to the settings. I'm still tweaking things to my liking. Feedback appreciated.
- Increased difficulty to 2.5x (actual value). I don't want to make it too forgiving or too brutal. Since this is a hardcore server, I think 2.5x is good and this will strongly encourage tribes to form and rely on each other.
- Increased XP rate to 10x and max level cap to 130. More levels may be added as soon as somebody comes close to maxing out. All engrams should be obtainable, after which only stat points are given.
- Decreased food/water/stamina drain rate to 0.75x.
- Increased player damage/resistance and health recovery rates to 1.5x.
- Increased gather rate to 8x and reduced harvest health back to 1x.
- Increased tame/grow/mature rate to 15x and reduced mating interval.
- Increased cop growth speed to 15x and decay speed to 5x.
- Decreased food/water drain intervals by 25%.